If you are searching for exciting ways to change your career and make a difference to the lives of young people – this good chef job might be for you!
We are looking for skilled cooks/chefs passionate about food and improving the life-chances of disadvantaged young Londoners. Being a Session Leader with Eat Club is a great opportunity to hone planning, cooking, and teaching skills in a lively community environment where participants and spaces vary from one course to the next.
What you will do
The Session Leader strives to deliver successful sessions that enable participants to learn how to prepare healthy, affordable, and delicious food in a welcoming, clean, safe, and enjoyable environment:
- Plan and deliver Eat Club’s cooking courses in community kitchens across London (including procuring all ingredients in line with food budget)
- Guide session attendees in preparing a two/three-course meal
- Facilitate the shared enjoyment of the food through a convivial meal at the end of the session
- Report back on session outcomes throughout the course to ensure that the sessions meet the needs of the participants
- Participate in training sessions organised by Eat Club as appropriate
The session leader will be provided with the training, support, and teaching materials relevant to the tasks and responsibilities associated with the role.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for professional cooks/chefs with passion for food and food education with:
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Excellent people skills, able to inspire, engage and train members of a small group
- Team player
- Detailed knowledge of food, sustainability, healthy eating, and cooking on a budget
You should have:
- 7 GCSE’s or equivalent with grade C or above in Maths and English.
- Must be able to legally work in the UK
- Be registered as self-employed with HMRC
- Hold a valid DBS (Eat Club can help with the application)
- Hold a valid Food & Hygiene level 2 for catering certificate (Eat Club can support in achieving the accreditation)
What we pay and expect from our team
- Each session is normally 2 hours long (you will get paid for 3 hours per session at £24 per hour*)
- Session leaders are required to commit to delivering a full 6-week course
- Sessions are delivered from a variety of partner kitchens around London
- Session leaders are required to deliver at least 2 courses per term
Eat Club is an equal opportunities employer and actively seek applications from qualified candidates irrespective of race, sex, gender, religion, or disability. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all individuals. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as these groups are currently under-represented in our delivery team.
* Pay is £12 an hour during training
Please send your CV + a cover letter outlining your suitability to the role and why you would like to join our team, to Ruth at: email@example.com